The Nordstrom Clan

The Nordstrom Clan
Families Are Forever

Sunday, November 18, 2012

With A Grateful Heart

Gratitude is a sincere appreciation for blessings or help we have received. The Divine Gift of Gratitude President Thomas S. Monson A grateful heart, then, comes through expressing gratitude to our Heavenly Father for His blessings… My brothers and sisters, do we remember to give thanks for the blessings we receive? Sincerely giving thanks not only helps us recognize our blessings, but it also unlocks the doors of heaven and helps us feel God´s love. President Gordon B. Hinckley said, "When you walk with gratitude, you do not walk with arrogance and conceit and egotism, you walk with a spirit of thanksgiving that is becoming to you and will bless your lives.". I live with gratitude for the blessing's the Lord has blessed me with. I truly am grateful for my family, my husband and children. I am truly thankful for my home-for the safety it provides from the outside worldly cares. I am truly grateful for my church, The Church of Jesus Christ of latter Day Saints. I am thankful for the gospel and what it teaches me. It has guided me through my life...in helping me make the best choices. It has helped me in teaching my children correct principle, helping me help them find joy here upon the earth. There are so many things I am grateful for... For sunrises and sunsets For beautiful gardens For quiet moments to reflect For music For Friendships For the ability to LOVE For Helping others For Children For Laughter

No comments: